Some symptoms to look for:
- Asking people to repeat themselves frequently
- Feeling like others are mumbling when they speak
- Having trouble keeping up with conversations when background noise is present
- Increasing volume on the TV or radio
- Not attending social gatherings that take place in loud environments
To have hearing loss diagnosed, your doctor will need to talk with you about your symptoms, go over your medical history, and perform a physical exam with a hearing evaluation consisting of a series of audiological tests.